Schneider Electric at Elec 2004: An exceptionnal Year for New Product Launch
Rueil Malmaison (France), December 6, 2004 - Organized every two years for electricity and automation systems professionals, the Elec 2004 trade fair will be opening its doors from December 6th to 10th at the Villepinte exhibition park north of Paris. The Schneider Electric booth (Hall 6, booth 5H1) is entitled "Building a New Electric World”. Indeed, electricity is more than ever the energy of the future. A future in which technological progress goes hand-in-hand with respecting the environment: new production methods, new applications and increased communication between systems. A new era is beginning: one of converging electricity, automation and communication technology. Smart homes, information highways and transparent factories will be common in the future. Electricity is flexible, safe and clean, vital in our daily life and key to producing most of the goods and services that we use.
Over more than 500m², Schneider Electric will be demonstrating its determination to build the “New Electric World” by offering innovating technology through its brands: Alombard, Merlin Gerin, TAC and Telemecanique.
The stand has been designed around three focuses each representing a Schneider Electric market: industry, buildings/energy, residential/small buildings.
Visitors can thus discover a range of new products integrating the latest technology, enhanced service offers for closer partnership with customers and solutions tailored to business applications. Sustainable development has not been forgotten: from product design to recycling, solutions are offered to guarantee better energy management and thus protect our environment. A commitment from Schneider Electric, a socially responsible company, to ensure an electric future of the highest quality.
The Major Innovations in Application Solutions and Products
> Telemecanique Offer, Industry Market
- Unity: Enter The New World of Automation
- Twido programmable nano-controller
- TeSys model U motor starter
- Zelio Logic, a range of programmable modules for control systems on small machines
- Altivar 31 variable speed drive
- Altistart 01 soft start units: the starting solution
- Global Detection
- Osiview, the complete industrial vision system
- Advantys STB, an open I/O integration solution
- Advantys OTB, IP20 distributed I/O range
- Magelis XBT-G graphic terminals with touch-sensitive screens
- Lexium 05, new brushless compact drive
- CANopen, because a product is never alone
- XPS-MC configurable multifunction safety controller
- ATEX D "Dust": a solution to prevent explosion risks
- Telemecanique W@de: remote management solutions for the water businesses
- Services offer for electrical distribution.
> Merlin Gerin Offer, Building/Services, Industrial and Residential Market
- Prisma Plus, the new reference in LV switchboards
- Duoline, a range of units dedicated to the residential and small buildings market
- Compact NR 100-250 A circuit breakers – a services industry dedicated offer
- Kaedra, a range of multipurpose, weatherproof enclosures
- Lubio, an energy-saving system for public lighting
- PratiKa, industrial sockets
- Canalis KDP, prefabricated, flexible electrical trunking
- Sepam S48, a range of digital units
- Litatrans, prefabricated electrical trunking (MV/LV transformer - LV switchboard link)
- Compact NS 100-630 circuit breakers, improved performance and functionality
- Services offer for automated processes.
> Alombard Offer: Residential and Services Market
- Alvidis, free-flow residential wiring solutions
- Altira, the 45 x 45 ultra terminal
- Alréa, units for residential renovation
- Alvaïs musical diffusion
- Alvaïs Braille units
- Alvaïs Bio-Actif units
- IHC, centralized management system to ensure comfort at home.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the world's power and control specialist. Through its world-class brands, Merlin Gerin, Square D and Telemecanique, Schneider Electric manufactures and markets a comprehensive range of products and services for the residential, buildings, industry, and energy and infrastructure markets.Schneider Electric has 85,000 employees worldwide, operations in 130 countries and recorded sales of €8.8 billion in 2003 through 13,000 sales outlets.
Schneider Electric: Giving the best of the New Electric World, to everyone, everywhere, at any time