The history of Pelco
Founded in 1957 in Southern California, USA, Pelco has a prestigious history of offering high-quality products, innovative technologies, and Guaranteed 100-Percent Customer Satisfaction. It has become the most sought after product supplier in the video and security industry.
1 June 1987: the company recognises the beginning of the “new” Pelco, when acquired by its second ownership group.
Their goal was for Pelco to go from being a small niche player to becoming the best video security supplier in the industry. To do that, they realised that first there had to be a huge transformation in the company’s corporate culture. As such, a number of programmes designed to achieve 100-Percent Customer Satisfaction were immediately implemented, along with employee performance incentives based on quality, not quantity.
It took Pelco less than two years to turn things around, and in 1989 Pelco released its industry-leading Commitment to Excellence statement. This was sent out to thousands of customers around the world, inviting them to personally contact the Pelco President and CEO regarding any problems or complaints. In the many years since the first publishing of this bold statement, very few complaints have ever crossed that executive desk.
Pelco constantly strives to maintain its position as the most sought-after supplier of video security systems in the industry, and its Commitment to Excellence continues to be its pledge to provide each and every customer with the products, tools and services needed for success.
In October 2008 Pelco was acquired by Schneider Electric, becoming a part of their Building business.