Certification, Experienced Test Engineer
Schneider Electric group, as the global specialist in energy management, dealing with the products and solutions for power and control, critical power, energy efficiency and automation. The Automation Products Business enjoys healthy growth and is set to become cutting-edge technology provider for mission critical applications in power system control
The Testing Team helps the Business to achieve outstanding product quality by driving early detection and resolution of defects, improving test coverage, and making extensive use of automation techniques to reduce development timescales.
A vacancy has arisen in our Automation Products Laboratories for a Certification Engineer, reporting to the Testing Manager. Your main duties will be:
- To perform safety / Environmental/EMC testing of new and/or modified protection relay products.
- Review the product design and give professional review comments from safety perspective.
- Co-work with SE internal design team to ensure the product meet the IEC standards and customer requirements, Prepare the supporting documentation and self-certification statements; Co-work with external 3rd party lab to get product approvals.
- Take charge of all the certification task throughout the life cycle of nominated product creation and modification projects a certification team member.
Perform basic functional validation tests via Omicron and other testing tools to ensure that products comply with the product technical claims.
- More than 5 year( Bachelor’s degree) or more than 3 years (Master's degree) working experience on product safety design, testing and certification application.
- Knowledge of the national / international standards relating to protection products, especially IEC 60255-27, UL508 and so on.
- Experience in the use of the different types of Environmental and EMC equipment is desirable, but on-the-job training will be provided.
- Good communication abilities with both internal and external customers based on skilled English speaking and writing;
- Good cooperation.
- Familiar with RED directive will have the high priority.