Certification, Senior Test Engineer
上海 (上海), 中国
A vacancy of senior certification engineer has arisen in our design center who will report to the Validation Manager. Your main responsibility will be:
- Responsible for ensuring SE protection relay product compliance to global regulatory, market and customer requirements. Prepare the supporting documentation and self-certification statements;
- Review the product designs including schematics, layout and give professional review comments to design team from certification perspective.
- Take charge of all the certification task throughout the life cycle of product creation and modification projects a certification team member.
- To perform safety / Environmental/EMC testing of new and/or modified protection relay products. Identify the non-compliance gaps and co-work with RD to fix the issues.
- Setup and maintain good relationship with external 3rd party lab; Co-work with the 3rd party lab to get product approvals.
- Work with FO, POST, as needed, in performing analysis on field incidents, and preparing statement and recommendations that may be provided to SE customers.
- Increase certification lab’s test ability continuously; Maintain the normal operation of the certification laboratory such as the equipment calibration, maintain and purchasing.
- Support SE global factories to do yearly audit testing and make sure the finalized product quality is robust.
- Involve locally and globally standardization works. Give proposal to standard commit on IEC updated standards related with protection relay product. Communicate with global regulatory team members to share the experience.
- Perform basic functional validation tests via Omicron and other testing tools to ensure that products comply with the product technical claims.
- Handle RF testing (WIFI, BT, NFC, Zigbee) for new offer based on RED directive. co-work with agency to obtain certifications of each countries based on marketing strategy.
PREFERRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
More than 8 year (Bachelor’s degree) or more than 5 years (Master's degree) working experience on product safety design, testing and certification application.
- Working experience on protection relay product and similar equipment.
- Knowledge of the national / international standards relating to protection products, especially IEC 61000-4-X, IEC 60255-21-X, IEC 60068-2-X, IEC 60255-1, IEC 60255-26, IEC 60255-27, UL508 and so on.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills, strong project management skills.
- Experience in the use of the different types of Environmental and EMC equipment is desirable, and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Good communication abilities with both internal and external customers based on skilled English speaking and writing;
- Good team spirit.