Certification Engineer – Power Product – Breakers
In this position, you are responsible for the management of product conformity assessment. You’ll work with several internal function and as well with national and international Certification Bodies, with the goal to achieve offer compliance, to ensure the market access and furthermore to differentiate the offer of Schneider Electric. The major focus of this position will be on certificates and declaration of Conformity for Breakers (MCCB / ACB).
Conformity assessment is a multi-discipline activity form various technology, via Marketing to even some legal approach. Become part of this journey and support us in ensuring market access and demonstration of the compliance of our offer.
Join our Team and contribute significantly to Schneider Electric's grow, through Your Work and Personality!
The job includes the following responsibilities:
· Planning, Monitoring and Executing of the conformity assessment activities according to applicable standards (beside other: IEC 60947 series, UL 60947 series, UL489…) and statutory requirements (beside other: LVD, EMC, RED, ATEX, Blue Guide…)
· Collaboration with the League and Squad to reach and keep the compliance of the offer
· Collaboration with the Standardization and Influencing team
· Coordination with Certification Bodies
· Support of the Business (example, specific compliance request)
· Evolution & Alert Management (example, in chase of changed statutory requirements)
Engineer in HW, Mechanical or alternate education with at least 2 years of experience. Following competencies are an advantage:
· This position requests soft skills such as: agile, curious, organized, rigorous, resilient and diplomat. You need to be able to come to compromises and you can push strongly when required. It’s all about ensure the compliance of our offer.
· Knowledge in application of Statutory Instruments and Standards
· Knowledge in conformity assessment for national and international market
· Knowledge about the offer and its technology is an advantage
· Mastering English language is mandatory
If these competencies are not fully mastered yet, a training plan will be defined. Furthermore, you’ll work closed to the Certification Manager where a strong coaching and onboarding in the world of Conformity Assessment is supported!
This position reports to the Conformity Assessment Director of EM BU - Sven SALENBACHER
China – Shanghai;