Director, eCommerce Operations
Vision (North star, Why)
- Develop dedicated eCommerce strategies for China resulting in growth of online business according to the ambition set out centrally in the global team.
- Drive transformations to ensure the vision and strategies delivers tangible results and ascertains Schneider Electric’s leadership in eCommerce in China.
- Grow the eCommerce customer base in both B2B and B2C space. Embed customer-centricity in strategies and transformation efforts across eCommerce efforts in China.
- Differentiate Schneider Electric’s eCommerce experience with unique selling proposition and innovate go-to-market offers.
- Emerge as best-in-class and leader in eCommerce space and grow market share of online sales across different channels.
- Be an active sparring partner for SVP eCommerce Global to provide input on strategic direction. Represent eCommerce in China in internal and external engagements.
- Develop and lead a customer-centric and growth-oriented eCommerce strategy aligned with global priorities for China.
- Stay ahead of both market trends and governmental affairs that may impact Schneider Electric’s eCommerce business and mitigate risks if any.
- Lead and develop a performing eCommerce sales and operations team in China and defining the appropriate operating model.
- Understand the competition and devise responsive strategies to win over market share and increase revenue in eCommerce space.
- Identify the space with growth potential and exploit the opportunities with related business models. Consider potential M&A opportunities where appropriate.
- Drive transformation of all eCommerce business models, such as but not limited to B2B and B2C through distributors, e-tailers, and online marketplaces.
- Develop direct customer relationship with Key Digital Players to open and scale up an alternate channel for Schneider Electric & develop a direct customer model where needed.
- Collaborate closely within the Global eCommerce & Retail Go-t team in cross-functional initiatives execute growth and transformation programs with data-driven and analytic mindset.
- Work closely with Global and regional functional teams, such as Global Supply Chain, Global Marketing, and so on, to implement a cohesive commercial strategy.
Metrics (How to measure success)
- Achieve eCommerce China ambitions
- Grow eCommerce market share of Schneider Electric in China
- Develop differentiated, and unique go-to-market innovations in China
Being a team player
- Lead or actively participate in relevant strategy and marketing workshops. Provide thought leadership, share learnings and best practices to team and other divisions as required, and represent the division at internal/external presentations.
- Maintain close ties with other divisions and global teams to ensure full Schneider Electric solution for the residential segment.
- Others: Support other strategic projects/initiatives and ad hoc requests from executive management that are key to H&D business success.
At Schneider we recognize that skills and competences are demonstrated in different ways, and your past work experiences, life experiences, and the networks you bring along with you, will all add value to us. We are looking for someone who appreciates the growing importance of developing winning teams and strategies that support an end-to-end eCommerce customer-centric strategy, particularly within the Chinese market.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. It might be for you, if you have:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience eCommerce and strategy in MNC environment.
- Proven China business experience with native Mandarin command.
- Advocate of customer-centric approach. Possess direct B2B and B2C business development experience and has a track record of building customer centric solutions, such as needs analysis, value proposition definition, customer journey design.
- Possess good understanding of eCommerce ecosystem and competition in the country.
- Change manager with hands-on experience in driving (digital) transformation in complex organizations.
- Strong people management history. Able to demonstrate and lead by example.
- Strategic, consultative, tech savvy, and transformational mindset, and proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Culturally sensitive and digital savvy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent relevant fields. Master’s degree eg. MBA preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail, team-player, positive attitude, passionate to grow in the organization.