Electronics Hardware, Senior Design Engineer
SUMMARY OF JOB: Hardware Engineer
This role is located in Schneider R&D Center under Schneider Electric Digital Power Business Unit. Power Quality China R&D team is developing & testing Power Quality mitigation products for China &Global market, including LV components, LV capacitor bank, DVR, Active correction offers.
Hardware engineer is required to design high reliability and high-performance hardware products during the entire development lifecycle of Power Quality products.
- Experienced in APF/SVG system design, familiar with various technical topologies and perform detail design based on selected topology.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide proper solution during development phase.
- Deliver detail parameter calculation and component selection documentation
- Circuit diagram creation/modification with ECAD tools
- Definition of procedures and test descriptions or definition of acceptance criteria for verification tests
- Specify, plan, carry out and document test and verification at component, function and device level
- Cooperate with ECAD engineers to deliver PCB layout
- Cooperate with Firmware engineers to realize functions verification and do troubleshooting if any.
- Cooperate with Mechanical engineers for housing and connector design.
- Cooperate with Test engineers to design for testing.
- Cooperate with Industrial team as industrialization support.
- Participation in national and international project and team meetings
Experience- Minimum required:
2 years+ working experience in power electronics product design and test.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Power Electronics engineering skill
- Electronics components knowledge
- Test method and equipment usage
- Electrical and electronics product functionality and standard
- Basic oral and good writing English skills
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics technology product development: design, tools, methods, product verification and validation certification and sustaining.
- Experienced at active power correction products, e.g., harmonic mitigation and power factor correction and load balancing.
- Experienced at Power Device (IGBT, etc.) selection, thermal system design with Mech E, gate drive design, snubber, DC Bus and pre-charge design, electrical system design, simulation tools (SPICE, Matlab, simulink, etc.)