Electronics Technology Standardization Engineer (Passive Component)
- Description of Position:
Technology Standardization Management (TSM) is a global technology expert team in charge of Technology Standardization on Component and Raw Material technology for Schneider Electric, locates in 3 regions (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe).
The Technology Standardization Engineer (TSE) will join TSM organization Asia Pacific Zone and take charge of Complex ICs technologies (memories, Logic Programing, micro controller/ processor etc.). The TSE will have opportunity to develop expertise on other technologies in future according to business need and the engineer’s potential.
The TSE will mainly support R&D team, Purchasing Team, Quality Team etc. in Asia Pacifica region (China, India, Australia, Japan, Singapore etc.) on technology standardization, component solution selection proposal, component failure analysis,
design guideline, component technology anticipation, supplier technological auditing, new supplier introduction technology verification etc.
The TSE will work closely with other TSEs in different zones to drive the technology standardization strategy. The TSE may have to participate occasionally to national or international travels in Schneider R&D centers, manufacturing plants or Suppliers.
- Participate technology standardization rule definition & evolution. Promote technical rules and best practices by guidelines or directives etc.
- Provide technical support to R&D team, procurement team, quality team etc. for Capacitor and the Passive component selection, design application, quality risk analysis and mitigation etc.
- Follow the evolutions of supplier offers and technology trend on the market, Prospect suppliers offer and roadmap in order to identify new solutions for internal products.
- Cooperate with Global Supply Chain Category Team and contribute to the definition of the global supplier strategy.
- Approve new component and Maintain existing ones in Corporate level Component & Raw Material Database to present technology offer.
- Educational Background: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc
- 5+ years of successful experience as Semiconductor design Engineer, Field Application Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Component Engineer, Hardware Design Engineer etc.
- Direct comprehensive experience with Passive Components is must, solid knowledge in terms of design selection, characteristic, application, failure analysis, manufacturing process, worldwide market technology trend etc.
- Experience and good Knowledge with other electronic component technologies is a strong plus.
- Excellent communications skills, including written and spoken English, ability to work efficiently as part of a worldwide and international team
- Committed to Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- Proactive approach to achieve objectives and to solve problems. Take initiative to meet team mission
- International experience (study or work experience abroad) is a strong plus