Experienced Valves and Actuator Design Engineer
Digital Buildings is an innovative and fast-growing Line of Business in the Energy Management division of Schneider Electric providing cutting-edge IoT solutions & products for the smart buildings of tomorrow. We provide intelligent interface between humans and buildings to bring Comfort, Safety & Efficiency to our customer’s lives. We design and manufacture connected products and services that include the physical products that go in our customers’ industrial and commercial buildings that are connected to cloud base SW offers as well as apps. You will be working with agile cross-functional delivery teams that consist of firmware developers, electronics design engineers, mechanical engineers, product architects, and manufacturing/industrial teams.
We are searching a self-driven and passionate experienced Valves and Actuator Design Engineer to grow as a technical leader. You will design and validate our OEM/ODM and in-house products. This is an opportunity to grow with the team within an organization which have great ambitions for our Business in China.
· Work with our partner and international team to design and review Valves and Actuators.
· Be the technical leader of our project, working closely with the Project Manager to align other engineers and our partner. Represent the R&D within the project, write specifications, design and V&V documents.
· Participate in the Verification & Validation of Valve & Actuator in laboratories in Shanghai.
· Analyze the results, write, and share reports.
· Follow Schneider Electric PMP/PEP process.
· Proposes improvements (method, tools, product...).
· Design simple fixture, support for self-made device (CAD, Creo).
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following minimum criteria:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM.
· 3-5 years in design of V&A products with OEM partner or in-house.
· Experience in Valves (Ball, Zone, Globe, Pneumatic), PIBCV and Actuator (Gear drive).
· Experience in the following areas: Flow rate, Leakage, Pressure (on-off, burst), force and torque, Valve & Actuator life test.
· Familiar with at least one 3D design Software: SolidWorks, Creo, UG, Inventor, etc.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials (metal machining, plastic injection molding and prototyping)
· Result oriented, Strong will to learn and expand your knowledge.
· Good English communication skills, both oral and written.
· Travel in China required up to 15% in a year.
Nice to Have Skills
· Ownership and willingness to become a technical leader.
· Experience in HVAC Smart buildings application.
· Experience in CAD design for test equipment.
· Knowledge of analog electronics.
· Knowledge and experience of scripting and/or test automation.
· A sense of ownership and urgency to WIN.
Location: Shanghai ZhangJiang