- The Expert Technical Support (L3) is the highest level of customer technical support in Schneider Electric. It belongs to the central Business Unit and the team works closely with the global Quality, R&D, and Marketing teams.
- This role will provide technical support for Schneider Electric Power Monitoring or Power Operation software, Metering Devices etc.
The L3 engineer will:
- Assure the treatment of customer technical support incidents in BFO (Salesforce-based CRM platform), and follow the cases to their complete resolution, with the help, if needed, from other services of the activity like R&D, Quality, and Marketing. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and answers must be provided in a timely manner.
- Use their technical expertise to analyze and resolve malfunctions in the products as mentioned in the customer requests, or to collect relevant data from the customer site, allowing the R&D team to analyze further and to provide a resolution.
- Make sure to communicate regularly with the customer, and to provide updates on the status of a case when the problem takes a longer time to resolve.
- Use their knowledge and experience to maintain and update a Technical Knowledge Base, by creating FAQ documents (Frequently Asked Questions). These may be text-based or video-based.
- Bring field experience and customer feedback to the Offer Creation and Issue to Prevention processes.
- Build and organize technical training, at least for Advanced Technical Support Centers (Level 2).
- Customer-focused and pro-active
- Occasional short-term travel to customer sites
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Inside the Digital Power Line of Business (LoB), our team is part of the Customer Satisfaction & Quality Department.
- Position will be based in Beijing.
- This team works with the Offer Quality, R&D, and Marketing teams as well as the country organizations.
Education Level: Bachelor's or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Powersystems Engineering domain
Years of work experience: At least 5 years experience with power system related background.
- Understanding of Energy, Power and Power Quality applications – Electrical Engineering background is important.
- Familiar with commonly used metering for power system, rich experience for the commonly used communication protocols (E.g. Modbus TCP), meter configuration, wiring and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with power meter products, it would be a plus with knowledge of SE Power meter products like PM2000, PM5000, PM8000, ION7650, ION9000 ect.
- Be able to analyze power system data and identify data errors.
- Familiar with SQL databases and database management
- Experience with IT environments and cybersecurity
- Troubleshooting web-based applications
- Windows Server/Active Directory/Group Policy/IIS experience.
Languages: Full professional proficiency in English.