Firmware, Design Engineer
- Study advanced protection relay algorithm and compare them with the state-of-art ones to bring their performance to the next level.
- Experiment the algorithm candidates with help of MATLAB and transient simulation software.
- Participate algorithm prototype implementation to evaluate it on real protection relay platform.
- Draft test report, specification, and design notes so that the design team can deploy the new algorithm into products.
- Fill patents for new algorithm to protect key design ideas with help of local patent office.
- Good knowledge of power system and basic understanding of signal processing and protection relay;
- Experience with Power system transient simulation is a strong plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend sophisticated technical documentation (paper, thesis, source code) quickly then provide summary of those.
- Proven competency of programming with SW languages (MATLAB, C, Python, etc.).
- Excellent English skills in reading and writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Out of the box thinking, Analytical thinking, Self-motivated.
Work Experience and education Recommendations:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Electrical Engineering ideally with focus on Power System