Firmware Design Engineer
The IT Division R&D group in Shanghai, China, is looking for a highly motivated firmware engineer to join a team responsible for the development, implementation, and validation of firmware for embedded systems.
The firmware development will primarily be focused on data center infrastructure cooling equipment which includes computer room air conditioners, condensing unit, chillers, condensers, and ancillary equipment. The hardware platforms include 16-bit single-core and 32-bit multi-core processors running C within a real-time operating system.
Occasional travel (domestic & oversea) is required.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Excellent C programming language skills, and ability to validate and debug C code on embedded hardware platforms
- Familiar with CAN, MODBUS, IIC, SPI, UART protocols
- Familiar with RTOS (uCOS-II&III) in an embedded environment
- Familiar with ARM core MCU platform
- Knowledge in code build with non-IDE environment, such as Python script
- Ability to develop and write control / software specifications
- Familiar with software development process
- Creative problem-solving skills and diagnostic abilities
Experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Experience for HVAC products control logic development, such as VRV, unitary air conditioner, air handler units etc.
- Hierarchical state machine design (visualSTATE, etc.)
- Experience writing hardware drivers
- Experience with bootloaders
- Source control and configuration management (SVN and Git)
- Design and implementation of multiple protocols on embedded system (TCP/IP, BACnet, SNMP etc.)
- Programming skills on windows or Linux environment (GUI, Web App etc.)
- Working experience in precision cooling industry
- Engineering degree (Computer engineering, automation engineering, or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in control/firmware development
- Good English verbal and written skills