GSC China SC Deployment Transformation Leader
Purpose of the job:
1. Provide industrial strategy inputs to the cluster in full alignment with GSC-T, LoB and GSC China management team
2. Define & drive the Long Term Industrial Plans (LTIP) for all plants in the cluster in close co-ordination with GSC-T &LoB
3. Identify, prepare and successfully drive the rebalancing program for the cluster i.e. localization, manufacturing transfer projects, regionalization etc.
4. Drive all the non-purchasing productivity for the cluster; using levers such as localization, transfers, QVE, subcontracting etc.
5. Be a key contributor & collaborator to challenge and drive the industrial performance of all plants within the cluster through effective project management & competency development.
- Define the medium & long term industrial strategy for the cluster in alignment with GSC-T & LoB
- Drive preparation of LTIP at plant level by providing pertinent & relevant inputs on industrial strategy and new projects
- Prepare the consolidated LTIP for the entire cluster in alignment with global industrial strategy and local considerations to drive optimization, efficiency and proximity to customer
- Be the single point entry point for people from LoB or GSC-T to launch new initiatives or projects inside any plant within the cluster
- Periodically review all the FG – all finished products being imported in China for sale in China and look for opportunities to manufacture those products locally or to source them from Asia
- Periodically review all the parts being imported by plants in China and look for opportunities to localize those parts in China or to source them from Asia
- Formalize the direction and prepare the rebalancing projects based on the above inputs plus GSC-T strategy and drive them to successful execution
- Make sure the rebalancing numbers reported by each plant and cluster are 100% aligned with APM and GSC-T industrial database reporting
- Make sure that each plant has the “right” organization to drive productivity
- Closely follow the localization progress, rebalancing – transfer projects, QVE and subcontracting to make sure committed productivity gets realized in cluster P&L
- Setup QVE teams in each plant and drive strong QVE & productivity culture and productivity actions in the cluster.
- Keep track of all main productivity projects to ensure that they get delivered on time.
- Provide monthly visibility to cluster management on all productivity levers and all productivity targets vs actual status & EOY forecast for the cluster, by plant, by LoB and also what is fully secured and what is at risk..?
- Drive productivity while ensuring that all quality processes get followed strictly and product quality is fully guaranteed
- Drive all transfer, rebalancing, QVE and main industrial projects for the cluster through efficient execution and within the agreed constraints of quality, lead time (schedule) and overall cost (capex & opex)
- Secure availability of “right” resources for the projects through plant & function teams and help to solve the priority conflicts with their hierarchical management when needed to make sure project gets delivered on time
- Keep good & strong links with GSC-T, BU Industrialization, BU Quality, Plant GMs etc. to ensure high level of collaboration amongst all teams
People Management - Leadership:
- Develop a strong and motivated team focused on delivering high quality results
- Identify talents and be a mentor & coach for talent development
- Drive a culture of high performance, speed, transparency and trust..
1. -5~8+ years of relevant experience
-Need years of International cross functional project management experience within challenging and multi-cultural environment
2. Need excellent communication and strong influencing & convincing skills and ability to push across the point with very good articulation to multicultural teams
3. Need very good command on excel, ppt to be able to make analysis and reporting.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering of following field such as Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-mechanics, Industrial is preferred
Language: Fluent English