LS BD&KA Manager
In the Global Life Sciences Business Development Manager's supervision, the person filling this role will contribute to localize the global Life Sciences strategy and implement the business growth plans. The China Life Sciences BDM will have the direct responsibility of developing his own targeted list of Life Sciences strategic accounts.
The scope of these activities includes
- Enable the local Sales organization with Life Sciences industry knowledge, application knowledge, and marketing insight in the application of Eurotherm and Schneider Electric products to Digital Engineered Solutions (DES) in the Life Sciences industry
- Anticipate and pioneer new approaches for Life Sciences process control and automation: i.e., Industry 4.0, Digitalization, Pharma 4.0, and Quality & Risk-Based Approach
- Provide solution development, architecture, and support for Life Sciences Digital Engineered Solutions in collaboration with the Global Life Sciences BDM and the DES team
- Understand local industry requirements based on market data, customer and sales force feedback and develop requirement documents to help drive Global Life Sciences BDM
- Develop sales plans, business case, and go-to-market to generate business and to grow our Life Sciences market share in China
- Identify and develop local competitor analysis and plans to counter competitors' activities
- Support and monitor overall Life Sciences business development success and track and report on progress against plan
- Develop and conduct potential and existing customer presentations to attract new business in collaboration with marketing and the rest of the sales team
- Work with the local sales force on developing opportunities and provide support as required
- Support trade shows & digital event, write sales and technical articles, support social media campaign, create a customer reference list and success stories, in coordination with Marketing
- Develop and Help to leverage global key references list, from local success stories and specific applications for penetration of new Life Sciences market and new accounts
- Ensure good local collaboration and Eurotherm Life Sciences front end position within all Schneider-Electric Business Unit and particularly within the CPG segment
- Help develop and deliver proposals and participate in contract review as required.
This is a senior role; therefore, at least 3 years of successful sales development experience are required, consistently meeting or exceeding targets and goals. This role is responsible for the local Life Sciences business development, so you will be required to demonstrate business experience. You must have developed, successfully implemented, and executed a sales plan strategy.
In this role, you will be required to demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively all the Life Sciences ecosystem, including community influencers and executive customer contacts.
You will have a proven understanding of the various Direct, Indirect, and OEM Channels to market. Recognized track record of identifying and building new capabilities to successfully enter existing and new Life Sciences market sectors.
- Demonstrated team builder attitude, foster communication, enthusiast and positive behavior
- Must be able to communicate in English language effectively
- Technical competence and familiarity with personal computers and software
- Strong organisational, collaboration, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of Process Control products and solutions
- Must have the sales capabilities of value-added Services, Digital solution, SaaS, and SLA, including consultancy and cybersecurity perspectives
- Good understanding of the Life Sciences basic regulations
- Good understanding of business processes and issues
- Understanding of value creation for clients
- Requires a University's degree with at least 3 years of experience in a sales role
- Knowledgeable in IT technology, regulations, and process control applications
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong team player, ability to work successfully with multi-cultural teams in an international and multi-site environment
- Display a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally as required
Ability to understand, appreciate and work with multi-cultural internal and external organizations
Market Segmentation & Customer Targeting
Ability to understand and define Life Sciences market characteristics and dynamics, including various channels to market, and to identify, , and segment the Life Sciences market to build relevant business plans to penetrate/develop/influence selected targets.
Value Proposition Development
Ability to understand and analyse the Life Sciences customers' business, needs, personas and requirements, as well as the "value chain" of all the players of the Life Sciences segment, in order to recommend product application, Digital Engineered Solutions, and services to improve customers' profitability while gaining a competitive advantage.
Consultative and Solution Business
Ability to understand all processes and behaviours from the tender up to the offer and delivery of the full solutions.
Influence and Convince
Present sound arguments with energy and conviction. Understand and respond to others' needs and agendas. Maintain high levels of energy in a fast-paced environment.
Ethic and honour
Respectful of the Eurotherm policies and associated Delegation of Authority.
You will operate with ethic, respect and no discrimination on all circumstances.
Focus on Customer
Understand and anticipate Life Sciences customer needs, applications and values. Focus on customer total EXPERIENCE and LIFECYCLE.