Patent Section Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB:
This position fits into the Electronic Department under Schneider Electric Energy Management Business Unit EMLV China， and is a member of the R&D group. He/She leads patent-relevant efforts during the entire development lifecycle of Low Voltage products.
The section Manager responsibilities and deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Setup and continuously improve low voltage offer Intellectual property rights.
- Manage team performance and lead high-efficiency culture.
- Lead good collaboration and communication across functions, especially with PM, Marketing, Quality, V&V, and OCP functions...
- Develop and coach team members for both IP skills and soft skills.
- Allocate the right resources to meet timelines and deliverables within the group
- Prioritize issues and manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Contribute to product innovation protection strategy definition.
- Foster technology watch, innovation, and patent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS – REQUIRED:
- Patent search and analysis for the matters of product clearance, technology trend, validity, and business needs, etc.
- Assist in activities of patent prosecution
- Handle patent reward payment
- Claim and deal with patent fee payment, update and track the cost
- Support patent and innovation culture creation and promotion
- Work closely with engineers and IP legal for patent topics
- Lead the relevant work of the patent team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- Master or above degree in Intellectual Property or engineering, majoring in Mechanics, Electrical automation, Mechatronics is preferred
- 5+ years experience in Intellectual property
- 3+ years working experience in managing team (>5p team size preferred), Manager of MNC experiences is a plus
- Skilled in using office software
- Excellent team player with interpersonal/communication skills and Self-motivated
- Fluent English