Plastic Component & Tooling Senior Engineer
To lead Mold Concerned Activities (thermoplastic, thermosetting, die-casting …mold) in Industrialization Phase for PMP OCP/Localization Project
- To make benchmark study on new Mold concerned technologies and confirm their industrial feasibility through test during the OTM process.
- To participate in the best choice of product architecture by assessing each Mold concerned part the feasibility & simplicity , taken into consideration the associated product design & manufacturing process, in ‘Product/Process Architecture Options ‘
- To propose & justify (investment vs. part cost) the most economical Mold investment at ‘ DO ‘ stage gate.
- To finalize the Mold specifications, launch Mold quotation, participate in the supplier selection for Mold making .
- To ensure the Mold design & fabrication are conformed to Mold specification, manage supplier sample submission & confirm Mold rectification.
- To confirm the feasibility, cost & leadtime for Mold modification during part verification phase.
- To confirm all tooling parameters (part weight, sprue/runner weight, machine tonnage, cycle time…..) for part cost negotiation reference for purchasing engineer.
- To qualify the Molds and transfer the industrial file to plants.
- To support Mold maintenance, Molding capacity management, backup Mold development for tools running in supplier site.
1. Required skills & knowledge for the position
Background in Electrical Distribution, Automation & Control Products
Good knowledge in Mold Technologies
Knowledge in optimization of molding conditions
Financial background to propose the most economic investment & part cost
Good experience on using CAD software
2. Required Educational Background & Professional Experience
University degree in Engineering.
Preferable 10 years (min. 8 yrs) Mold related experience in industrial product with 5 years of Mold design & manufacturing experience.
Fluent in Chinese & English.