Procurement Category Leader- Electric and Electronics Distributors
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Procurement Category Leader in Electric and Electronics Distributors at our Boston, MA HUB location. As the Procurement Category Leader, you will be managing supplier relationships- defining, implementing, and executing business strategies that drive performance and meet productivity objectives.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Agrees on Supplier value proposal definition and multi-year deployment plan
- Define areas of business development opportunities with Supplier
- Lead regular business reviews with the Supplier to monitor operational performance on Productivity, Quality, On-time delivery, Competitiveness, Technical or Process Innovation, Planet & Society responsibility, Responsiveness.
- Engage appropriate division & cross-functional Resources (ex. SQME / SSCME launching logistics or quality action plans where appropriate)
- Follow up Supplier load level (capacity) and investment plans (ex. Supplier rebalancing initiatives)
- Monitor and communicate any supplier risk.
- Track and report elementary Supplier performance vs objectives from all Schneider entities
- Maintain data quality of Supplier related information within Schneider Electric’s information system (SSRM database).
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- 5 years experiences in purchasing/commodity- preferably having distributor management experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret spends data and requirements
- Experience in building business strategies including communicating and presenting strategies to key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven record to drive performance and deliver the results
As a federal government contractor, all Schneider Electric U.S. employees (including U.S. territories and Puerto Rico) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to federal laws.