Project Purchasing Leader
Department: Power Products China HUB OCP Procurement Team
Reports to: OCP Hub Director, Procurement
Location: Shanghai Zhangjiang office.
Title: Project Procurement Leader (PPL)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Lead related project procurement activities required to support new products development & industrialization & localization projects activities across the division(s)
Explain the permanent objectives to be achieved by the position
- Identify new technologies & new suppliers, qualify new supplier during design concept phase
- Identify new technologies required for new designs.
- Understand product design/function to guide design options to best available technologies (technical requirements, cost, lifetime, …)
- Provide local market intelligence and project requirements to build procurement strategies through Category core teams.
- Coordinate w/ quality and category procurement teams to identify, select and qualify new suppliers following SAM process.
- Deploy Procurement/Supplier strategy
- Guide development teams to select appropriate suppliers.
- Align supplier strategy w/ Category Team for each Category.
- Implement procurement strategy by Supplier mapping(SOB).
- Avoid any monopolistic situation whenever possible.
- Lead early supplier involvement
- Leverage supplier expertise to improve Design for Manufacturing.
- Support value analysis by function vs cost and boost QVE ideas
- Introduce Innovation ideas from supplier side to new projects.
- Manage BOM cost & MSA
- Conduct cost estimation through the cost breakdown, should cost
- Get and analyze supplier quotes.
- Monitor and ensure competitive material cost to meet product target cost.
- Negotiate all procurement terms and conditions QDCS(quality/delivery/cost/service).
- Set up MSA for strategic parts & components.
- Conduct project management for product/part
- Build up and follow up project planning w/ supplier and crossfunctional/global teams.
- Manage supplier performance in terms of in due time & quality of deliverables, and monitor improvement
- Ensure quality and on time delivery of procurement project deliverables
- All process/procedure should follow PES(Procurement Excellence System) requirement
WORK ENVIRONMENT: such as work base, frequency of traveling, etc.
- Working place is in Pudong ZJ office
- 20% business travel might be required for supplier visit and sourcing needs.
POSITION OF THE JOB IN THE ORGANIZATION
Draw below the brief organization chart of the concerned section to show the level and work partnerships.
KEY INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
With whom, to resolve what problems, with what responsibility?
- Work closely with Power Products China HUB Research & Development Center, R&D, Industrialization and quality team, Project Manager, Lab, Category Procurement Team, OFP procurement team and DSC
- Coordinate procurement activity at multiple sites locally and internationally.
Work closely with external partners (suppliers or subcontractors of relevant commodities).
Bachelor’s degree of science in mechanical or electronic disciplines. Familiar with material and plastic molding & stamping.
Master is preferred
REQUIREMENT OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
5 to 10 years min. with similar working experience for Mechanical/Electric/Electronics commodities, strong product knowledge and project procurement experience
Gender: Male or Female
Language: English fluent + Mandarin, China College CET 4 or Above
Windows, Office, drawing