Senior Firmware Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Firmware Engineer to join Energy R&D, Secure Power-China for China Department. Reporting to Tech Section Manager, will primarily be focused on:Design and implement in a program team environment embedded systems which incorporate structured firmware to serve real time state machine, closed-loop control, monitoring and communications functions for Uninterruptible Power Source products, PDU, Gateway, Collector; Provide solutions for SPD business China digitalization, support the implementation and operation of the solutions on China digitalization application to meet the marketing expectation.
- Understanding business requirements and providing appropriate technical cloud solutions and architecture designs based on various cloud services.
- Lead initiatives to integrate third party digitalization products and services to achieve design goals.
- Build up test cases and execute test, and validation plan for third party’s digitalization product.
- Design, develop and implement ARM Corext-Mx and/or DSP embedded system firmware for new and existing power conversion products.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of products and process.
- Participates in code inspections and firmware review checklist.
- Specify and implement microcontroller and support hardware.
- Perform execution time analysis and present design results for formal review.
- Assist in production implementation of microcontroller programming.
EDUCATION – MINIMUN REQUIRED LEVEL:
Bachelor's degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Automation or related majors
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- 5+ years experience writing lean code in C or common industry language for real time or interrupt driven applications.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional environment working with ARM Cotext-Mx embedded systems and/or DSP for digital power.
- Familiar with Control theory and power converter topology.
- Experience with applicable coding rules and version control software.
- Experience in developing with USB and Serial(UART/SPI/I2C) communication protocols.
- Experience with Python programming.
- Take ownership of hands-on projects.
Experience - DESIRED:
- 5+ years’ experience in IOT and cloud application.
- Familiar with various cloud platform technologies.
- Be able to independently execute tests including requirement discussion, design and execute test cases, test review, fix and track bugs, etc.
- Familiar with RS232/RS485, common network equipment, Modbus, SNMP, and other communication protocols.
- Familiar with IoT (MQTTS, NB-IOT) protocol.
- Familiar with the general interface design of gateway, data collector, serial port, etc.
- Familiar with equipment communication interface.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven to be adaptable and able to work on variety of activities simultaneously.
- Shows understanding and appreciation of processes and issues relevant to the job.
- Ability to work on vague as well as concrete tasks independently.
- Knowledge of analysis techniques - can break down complex tasks easily.
- Demonstrate ability to innovate in work.