Technology Standardization Senior Engineer (Metal and Surface Treatment)
Description of Position:
Technology Standardization Management (TSM) is a global technology expert team in charge of Technology Standardization on Component and Raw Material technology for Schneider Electric, locates in 3 regions (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe).
The Technology Standardization Engineer (TSE) will join TSM organization Asia Pacific Zone and take charge of Metal & Surface Treatment Technologies. The TSE will have opportunity to develop expertise on other technologies in future according to business need and the engineer’s potential.
The TSE will mainly support R&D team, Purchasing Team, Quality Team etc. in Asia Pacifica region (China, India, Australia, Japan, Singapore etc.) on technology standardization, Raw Material & Surface Treatment solution selection proposal, failure analysis, design guideline, Raw Material & Surface Treatment technology anticipation, supplier technological auditing, new supplier introduction technology verification etc.
The TSE will work closely with other TSEs in different zones to drive the technology standardization strategy. The TSE may have to participate occasionally to national or international travels in Schneider R&D centers, manufacturing plants or Suppliers.
- Participate technology standardization rule definition & evolution. Promote technical rules and best practices by guidelines or directives etc.
- Provide technical support to R&D team, procurement team, quality team etc. for the Raw Material & Surface Treatment selection, design application, quality risk analysis and mitigation etc.
- Follow the evolutions of supplier offers and technology trend on the market, Prospect suppliers offer and roadmap in order to identify new solutions for internal products.
- Cooperate with Global Supply Chain Category Team and contribute to the definition of the global supplier strategy.
- Approve new Raw Material & Surface Treatment and maintain existing ones in Corporate level Component & Raw Material Database to present technology offer.
- Educational Background: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Materials Science and material Engineering (Metal & Metallurgy) background is required
- 5+ years of successful experience as Metal Material or Surface Treatment Design Engineer, Application Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Surface Treatment Engineer, Design Engineer etc.
- Direct comprehensive experience with below technologies is must, solid knowledge in terms of design selection, characteristic, application, failure analysis, manufacturing process, worldwide market technology trend etc.
- Surface Treatment
- Experience and good Knowledge with material technologies is a strong plus.
- Excellent communications skills, including written and spoken English, ability to work efficiently as part of a worldwide and international team
- Committed to Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- Proactive approach to achieve objectives and to solve problems. Take initiative to meet team mission
- International experience (study or work experience abroad) is a strong plus