Ver&Val, Senior Test Engineer
Schneider Electric group, as the global specialist in energy management, dealing with the products and solutions for power and control, critical power, energy efficiency and automation. The Automation Products Business enjoys healthy growth and is set to become cutting-edge technology provider for mission critical applications in power system control
The Testing Team helps the Business to achieve outstanding product quality by driving early detection and resolution of defects, improving test coverage, and making extensive use of automation techniques to reduce development timescales.
ROLE - Reporting to the Test Leader in Shanghai, with specific responsibility for delivery of assigned test projects. The role will provide input into the preparation of test plans, reporting on progress and ensuring that the test environment is suitable. The role will also include the review of assigned requirements to ensure testability and the preparation and delivery of test cases as a high level description in a test management tool against
these requirements. Test cases will be executed manually to validate and debug them and a detailed test procedure will be added to the test case in the test management tool. Test result reports will be prepared which substantiate claims based on the results and identify test failures. Test failures will be logged in a defect reporting tool, with test support being provided to developers to assist in the identification of the defect and early resolution and closure.
The test cases will relate to all areas of the product functionality, for example: protection, security, control, communications, recording and logging and HMI, etc.
The role will incorporate working in conjunction with tools for change management/defect logging and test management.
The role will input into the drive towards automated testing of products and archiving of test files to ensure compliance with functional requirements and international standards, needed to support development and maintenance of existing and future products.
The role will also involve liaison with the development teams to improve testability in the design and resolution of test failure. The successful candidate will have a methodical and structured approach to the work, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Review of assigned requirements to ensure testability.
• Creation of assigned test cases and technical review of test cases created by test team members.
• Creation of assigned automated test cases. The test cases should produce automated test results.
• Execution of assigned test cases and debugging of test. Update of test case description in the test management tool.
• Logging of defects found during the testing process to expedite remedial work by developers.
• Production of summary test reports which identify tests undertaken and result and defects logged.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in test equipment technologies, tools and processes.
Identify opportunities to use these latest developments to improve the product offer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Ideally have a minimum three years of tests or after-sales service/technical support or R&D experience in terms of digital protection relay, measurement or control intellegent devices in electrical power system.
• Ideally will have experience in testing protection and control functionality using Omicron
Test Universe software.
Ideally will has experience in cyber security application and related test, such as Achilles test, penetration test, RBAC test …
Ideally will have experience on the configuration tools of protection relay testing or design, and related automated test.
• Ideally will have experience in testing communications protocols or customer site debugging on SCADA, ideally from one or more of the following: IEC61850, Modbus, DNP3, IEC60870-5-103. This should include experience with the associated master stations and test tools.
• Will have basic awareness and capability in the design and operation of test automation environments.
• Experienced in system testing, performance testing and automated testing for windows based applications based on MS .Net technologies would be advantageous.
• Working knowledge of electronics product development processes related to design of microprocessor based systems for real time embedded software based measurement and control applications.
• Familiarity with test equipment required for product testing, functional, communications and environmental. such as power supply, data acquisition, communications ports, etc.
• Knowledge of electrical transmission & distribution industry operating practices, and in particular protective relays applications and their networking within the substation environment would be advantageous.