| ||法国 威立雅水务（2005）
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- Veolia Water, the Water Division of Veolia Environment, is the leading operating company for water services in the world.
- With the knowledge gained from years of experience, Veolia Water provides local authorities with a high level of professionalism and technological expertise to manage and develop residential drinking water and wastewater services.
- Over five continents Veolia Water is currently providing public authorities with its expertise in environmental protection with almost 5,000 operating or construction contracts.
- Veolia Water's primary responsibility is to produce drinking water and supply it to customer's homes with a high continuity of service at the lowest cost.
Customer objective and constraints:
- Guarantee the water distribution with constant pressure whatever the wanted flow, is a contractual obligation. For Veolia Water, it is important to find a compromise between service quality and energy savings and avoiding as much as possible jolts of pressure on water distribution.
- The water distribution network is expanding, so the question is to make the good economical choice between increasing the number of booster stations or extension of water towers.
- To rationalize the costs of boosters implementation, Veolia Water wishes to standardize the control panel boards with objective of being able to manage sites of 2 to 4 pumps while emphasizing on the performance, reliability, maintenance, as well as the deployment and operation.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):1) Meeting with operators to define technical specifications and good practices to be respected in the control of boosting stations
2) Partnership between Veolia technical department and Schneider Electric (main supplier of electrical devices and PLC in France) to define, realize and test a solution based on our specifications
3) Pilot phase on some boosting stations
4) Beginning of the commercial deployment with a global purchase agreement between Schneider Electric and Veolia.
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...) :
- KSB Pumps (5,5 to 22 kW)
- 4 Altivar 61 Drive with 3S Control solution card
- Standard application software for management of the installation overpressure with "Controller inside" card
- System of remote processing
- Magelis XBT PM
- Communication network between "Controller inside" card
- Security "peer to peer" connection between "Controller inside" cards
- Communication network: Modbus RS485 between remote processing system and Altivar 61
How did we estimate the energy savings (methodology, tools, ...)
- Energy savings have been estimated using the Eco 8 software
- The characteristics of the water circuit, the type and power of the pumps are taken into account, as well as the operating duty cycle
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Energy savings can be in the order of 15 to 20%, with ROI in the order of 1 to 2 years.
- Based on the experience feedback of the Veolia Water developers, 3S Control associate competitiveness, performance, and safety of operation:
– Performance of the pressure regulation in the pipes
– Safety of functioning of the installation
– Optimization on the ROI of the installation
– Total visibility of the functioning
Customer testimonies (Verbatim):
- Mr Jean Luc Million, Standardization Manager for installation control tools in Veolia's Technical Division, commented on this contract: " It is a turnkey solution, perfectly tailored to our needs and easy to install ".
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors：
- Deep understanding of energy saving in water.
- Solution and service provided, not only the products
- Strategic partnership with Veolia Water
- Capacity to invest