I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- Singapore water authorities are in charge of providing water to more than 4 Millions habitants but no local natural resource is important enough.
Customer objective and constraints:
- Singapore relies on neighbour country (Malaysia) to provide drinking water to the population but independence is required at least for a minimum quantity
- In addition microelectronic industries are present in Singapore and they require ultra pure water for their process
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):1. Full design for electrical distribution, motor control and automation for the plant
2. Answer stringent specification laid out by the consultant
3. Implementation taking into account flexibility for future evolutions
4. After sales service
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...) :
- Full design of PCC, MMC and automation for the different steps of the process from micro filtration to reverse osmosis.
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
Ensure Singapore drinking water autonomy in case of crisis
- Single source for electrical and control issues
- Ease of operation and maintenance
- Performance of the high tech plant
Customer testimonies (Verbatim):
- Numerous visits of this plant are organised by Schneider Electric for its customers. We are always well received and congratulated and ... we receive a sample of the bottled water issued from the plant !
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors：
- Full solution capability at design stage and plant service stage
- International coordination between Singapore, Malaysia and customer headquarters