I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- Contractor : Kuwait Controls Co. W.L.L (KCC)
- End-User : Ministry of Energy, Kuwait
- Kuwait Controls Co. W.L.L is one of the biggest contracting company in Kuwait, and has deep root relations with the Ministry of Energy, Kuwait. Nearly all of the Water & Waste water projects in Northern Kuwait have been done by KCC and the maintenance of all the installation is also under their domain.
Customer objective and constraints:
- Ministry of Energy, Kuwait wanted to Control & Monitor water wells located in remote areas of Kuwait. For this purpose they required a RTU based solution which could be accessed from the control room via wireless technology.
- Alarm monitoring required
- Daily, Monthly and Yearly generated reports required.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):1. Full design of the automation system
2. In-house tests
3. Site tests and commissioning
4. After sales service
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...) :
- Schneider Electric United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) automation team realized complete control and monitoring solution of 9 wells in Kuwait.
- Solution provided :
- Local well control using Twido controllers and W@de RTU modules with GSM/GPRS interface.
- Remote control and monitoring system, using VijeoCitect Scada with GPRS modem, providing remote operation and periodical reports generation.
- Detailed operational and setup manual for the complete system
- Since the system communicates over a wireless GPRS network therefore location of the control room can be mobile.
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Getting an efficient solution for remote control and monitoring of their wells, with a clear commitment of the manufacturer on the solution performances.
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors：
- GPRS communication, instead of the conventional solutions based on Radio system
- Full solution provider